Part-Time Virtual Administration Assistant
- love, love, love administrative or back office type work?
- enjoy providing quality service, and nurturing client relationships?
- communicate effectively with clients and colleagues?
- pride yourself on being able to work with a diverse group of people?
- have a strong and stable internet connection, with 3mpbs internet speed and a good quality computer?
- use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint or the equivalent to an advanced level?
- pick up new software easily without getting frustrated or anxious?
- manage your own time without getting overwhelmed when you have multiple demands?
- work at a client’s office on Hong Kong Island for 2-3 hours, every fortnight?
If you answered YES to ALL the questions above, please read on!
Our approach is to start you off with supporting one or two clients, and build upon those. It is a challenge to take on 10 clients all at once – we want to set you up for success!
We start with a minimum of 30 hours per month, and if you work more, then you’re paid for the hours worked. When a new client starts, we can increase your minimum hours. Our first goal is get you to 65 hours per month, and the second goal, if you want it, is 108 hours per month.
This is a work from home position, therefore you’re not afraid of technology, and you have a dedicated, home office work space with an up-to-date computer and unlimited access to the Internet.
It is important to us that you are:
- structured and organised
- have an eye for the detail
- focused on solutions, not problems
- able to manage your stress levels
- helpful and kind
- fluent in English and Cantonese (Mandarin a plus)
We are passionate about supporting service-based professionals and c-suite executives to succeed in business and life. In our experience, many small business owners and c-suite executives are overwhelmed, and over worked because they’re trying to ‘do it all’. We alleviate their stress by doing their business and/or personal administration work.
Our clients vary from executive coaches, management consultants, investment advisers to art curators, psychologists, and wellness centres.
Since 2007, Bauhinia Solutions has offered a range of services varying from diary and email management, data entry of expenses, organising events to posting on social media, sending newsletters and managing websites.
The foundation of the business is to offer flexible, part-time support to our clients and reflect the flexibility back to the team. The team are based in Hong Kong and the Philippines. Our business hours are Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 5:00pm.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Work varies from one client to the next, therefore your day may be varied, and some days, it may be the similar tasks for multiple clients. You may be asked to communicate with couriers, liaise with printers, write correspondence, and assist with organising an event or two.
The tasks you’ll be assign may be similiar to these:
- Liaising with clients, and their customers, via their own administration email
- Pulling expenses from emails, and adding them to an accounting system
- Updating the content on their website
- Managing diaries, as well as scheduling and confirming appointments
- Researching business information online
- Formatting large documents, or updating presentations using PowerPoint
- Uploading and tracking medical insurance claims
- Managing our customer service email
- Drafting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
You will need to/be:
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Cantonese
- Self motivated and helpful
- Able to manage your time and multiple emails
- Communicate well at all levels in writing, via email, and over Zoom
- Professional in your online and offline communications
- Committed and reliable
- Action and detail oriented
- Confident with technology
- Willing to learn new systems
You will be required to use our internal systems, and log all your working hours for purpose of invoicing clients.
You must have:
- 5+ years working in administration or as a Personal / Executive Assistant
- Used Word, Excel and PowerPoint (or equivalent) to an advanced level
- Familiar with using Gmail, and a Mac computer or PC
- General items that are needed for a home office
- A WIRED internet connection of at least 3mbps total speed. Wifi connections are NOT allowed.
This job is NOT right for you if:
- you have no experience and want to learn on the job
- you are easily distracted and cannot focus for periods of time
- you do not have enough time in your day to allocate 2 or more hours to tasks or a project
- you want a corporate role in a large organisation
We are looking for someone who is reliable, communicates well, and wants to work. The goal is to support our clients so they can focus on what they do best.
We must stress, if you are easily flustered, or find multiple tasks overwhelming, this role is NOT for you. If you want to learn on the job, this role is NOT for you.
Contract / Remuneration
You will be paid a base salary every month for 30 hours of work.
The contract is as follows:
- $3,705 HKD per month + $123.50 per hour for additional hours
- Paid on the first working day of the new month
- 3 months probation
- Entitled to 7 days annual leave (and 10 days in the 2nd year)
- Hong Kong Public Holidays
- You may be required to work twice a month from a clients office (Mid-Levels), the remainder of the time from your own home office
To apply, please email Nicole Graham (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell her why you are suitable for the position, and share something about yourself on a personal level.
Please note, we will NOT discuss the position over the phone or via social media. We offer a fair recruitment process for everyone applying. If you call, you will be told to apply through the abovementioned process. If you message Nicole on social media, she will not respond.
All applications will be acknowledged and considered. Information provided by applicants is considered confidential and will only be used for recruitment related purposes.
All information provided by Bauhinia Solutions is confidential.