As a team, we live out of our Google Calendars. We schedule everything… client work, business development, exercise, lunch, travel time etc. Nicole would be lost without her calendar and a number of our clients would too. We share our calendars amongst the team, this gives us the ability to check availability and schedule meetings, if needed.
When we start supporting a client who needs more traditional EA/PA type support, one of the first things we suggest is for them to share their calendar with their assistant. That way, their assistant can add appointments, make changes to existing diary entries and set reminders if needed.
If you use Google and don’t know how to share your calendar, here are some easy steps to follow:
- Ensure you have Google Calendar open on your computer
- On the left side of the screen, click on the drop-down arrow next to the calendar you wish to share
- Click on the option, Share this Calendar
- Under Share with specific people, add the email address of the person you want to share with.
- For Permission Settings, choose an option in the drop-down menu.
- Click Add person, if they aren’t already added.
- Click Save.
Once you click Save, the person you shared your calendar with will get an email invitation to view your calendar. If they click the link in the email, your calendar will be added to their “Other calendars” list.
We trust you’ll find it helpful.
There are many ways we can assist you with your business administration or marketing needs. Feel free to schedule a call with Nicole and explore how we can support you.