Thank you for visiting our website. We, Bauhinia Solutions pledge to meet the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
Personal Data Collection and Use. We do not collect any personal data from you and no registration is required to gain access to any information provided by our website.
The types of data collected by us include the browser type and version, the operating system, the IP address and the domain name of the server. This information collected from you will only be used to compile general statistics in relation to the number of visitors to our website and also the usage of our website.
No personal data will be collected unless you explicitly provide that information to us. However, personal data may be collected from you on a voluntary basis for some purposes or services. The purposes for collecting your personal data which includes your name, telephone numbers, address, email address, fax numbers, credit card numbers, name of bank and expiry date, etc, are set out in the respective screens on our website which invite you to provide your data.
The Website. This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all Hong Kong national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Data Collection and Use. Your personal data may be collected by us on a voluntary basis when you visit our website, attend our events, use our services, register, or communicate with us.
The categories of personal data that we may collect, process and use will include:
- Personal information, contact details such as your name, gender, age, phone number, fax number, correspondence address, and email address.
- Interests, preferences, opinions, and feedback.
- Responses to market surveys and contests conducted by us.
- Details of your visits to our website and other information collected through cookies and other tracking technology including information that you look at.
We may also collect information about you that is publicly available online, including your social media profiles. We may not collect, process, and use your sensitive Personal Data unless your explicit consent has been granted to us. Your personal data may be processed and/or used by us for the following main purposes:
- To provide our information and services to you
- To respond to your inquiries
- To mail communications, publications, invitations etc that you may select, or that we may consider to be relevant to you.
- For general market research.
- For registration or enrolment of events and courses organized by us or our business partners.
The legal basis for our use of your personal data are as follows:
Consent: where you have consented to our use of your personal data. You may withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data at any time by contacting us.
Contract performance: where we are required to collect and handle your personal data to provide you with the services that we have contractually agreed to provide to you.
Legal obligation: where we need to use your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
Vital interests: where we need to process your personal data to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person.
Public interest: where we need to process your personal data to carry out a task that is in the public interest.
Legitimate interests: where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal data or information and such purpose is not outweighed by any interests that you may have, or any prejudice that you may suffer, from the relevant use of your personal data.
Marketing. We may use your personal data for marketing and promotional purposes. We may communicate marketing and promotions to you by post, telephone, or online (including by email or through your mobile device or via online banner advertisement) and, as appropriate and where required, we will ask you for your consent, or otherwise provide you with the opportunity to choose not to receive marketing, at the time we collect your data.
We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt out of further communication on any direct marketing communication sent to you at no charge. You may also opt out by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
Data Security. We maintain reasonable safeguard measures to protect your personal data in accordance with the requirements of data protection legislation. All personal data collected by us is stored on secure servers with restricted access by authorized personnel only.
Data Retention. Our retention period for personal data is based on business needs and legal requirements. We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which it was collected and any other permitted linked purpose. Where personal data is no longer needed, we either irreversibly anonymize the data (in which case we may further retain and use the anonymized data) or securely destroy the data.
Your Rights. You have the right to:
- Access your personal data and have it corrected, amended or deleted (subject to a reasonable charge).
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time.
- Receive a copy of your personal data and transit such to others.
- Object to our processing of your personal data.
- Lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with your local data protection authority.
- Instruct us to restrict the processing of your personal data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
Contacting us. For any data access and correction request or exercise of your rights, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org