Business users, on average, send and receive 121 emails daily. When receiving this many emails, typing the same reply or sending the same message over and over again, can be a time waster. We use Gmail (GoogleApps for Business) and a solution we’ve found very useful is the Canned Responses feature. If you are familiar with Outlook or Mac Mail, a canned response is equivalent to the Email Template.
By using Canned Responses, you can pre-write your email content and respond easily to those frequently asked questions.
Before creating a canned response, you do need to enable the feature:
- In your Gmail account, click the Gear icon (right-hand side of your email window)
- From the drop-down list, click on Settings
- Click on the option, Labs (third last heading)
- Find the Canned Responses feature and then click the button, Enable
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the button, Save Changes
Now with the Canned Responses function enabled, the next step is to draft your message:
- From your inbox, click on the button Compose and type your message
- Delete your signature (if you don’t, will appear twice in every new email)
- At the bottom-right corner of your message, next to the trash can, click on the down-arrow for More Options
- Move your mouse to Canned Responses and click on the New canned response… option
- Type the name for your newly created canned response message and click on OK
Now you are ready… next time when you need to use your canned response:
- From your inbox, click on the button Compose
- At the bottom-right corner of your message, click on the down-arrow for More Options
- From the Insert section, click on your saved canned response
- Edit where it applicable to do so, add your recipients and click the button, Send
Note: you can also edit or delete your present messages under the headings ‘Save’ or ‘Delete’.
OK… it’s your time to test it out. Enjoy the convenience of canned responses!
There are many ways we can assist you with your business administration or marketing needs. Feel free to schedule a call with Nicole and explore how we can support you.